Most of the time, if you are struggling with foundation issues, it stems from water. If there is too much water or even too little water around the foundation of your home, it can cause pressure or settling that will be problematic. If you are experiencing foundation issues, there are going to be several signs throughout your home that will point in that direction. It is important that you are aware of the signs so that you can get the pros out to fix it as soon as possible. DuraTech Texas is here to talk about some of the signs that you should be looking for.
Common Signs of Foundation Problems
Some homeowners may not know what the signs of foundation problems look like. If you own a home, it is important that you are aware of what these signs look like.
– Cracks in Floor & Walls: No one wants to find any cracks in their home. If you see that there are cracks on the walls, floor or the ceiling, it can be caused by shifting in the foundation. As the foundation shifts those building materials start to crack under the pressure.
– Uneven Doors: If your foundation has shifted, it can leave the doors in your home uneven. This means they may be difficult to open, or they may start to swing open on their own.
– Uneven Floors: The floor in your home should be solid and flat. When the foundation is moving, it can cause heaving or sinking on your floor. If you start to notice subtle areas where the floor doesn’t seem to be exactly flat, it’s time to take a look at the foundation.
– Cracks in Exterior Brick: If you have any brickwork, you will be able to notice ladder cracking throughout the mortar. You can also look for cracks on the foundation outside of your home as well.
– Gaps Around Doors & Windows: The doors and windows found on your home should be installed with right angles. If the house starts to shift, those angles may get out of whack and cause gaps to form around them. This is a big red flag for the health of your foundation.
– Dampness: Because many foundation problems are due to water issues, dampness in the basement or the crawlspace is a big warning sign of foundation issues as well. You should watch for any flowerbeds up against the foundation to ensure there isn’t overwatering happening.
Foundation Repair Services & More in Crosby, Cypress, Friendswood & Greater Houston, Texas
If you suspect you have a foundation problem, the sooner it is addressed, the better off you will be. At DuraTech Texas, we know what to look for and can diagnose a foundation issue if there is one present. We will be able to give you the information needed about how to move forward with our foundation repair services. Call us today!