One of the biggest repairs that homeowners hope that they never have to face is foundation issues. Trouble with your foundation can end up costing you big depending on the magnitude of the damage. If you have never dealt with foundation issues, you might be wondering what signs of foundation trouble might look like. DuraTech Texas is here to share some of the most common signs of foundation problems that are present when a home’s foundation is in trouble.
How Can You Tell if Your Foundation is Sinking or has Other Problems?
If your foundation is in trouble, there are more than likely going to be several signs present. Being aware of these signs and having them addressed as soon as possible will help save you time and money. Following is what you should look for:
– Foundation Cracks: It is normal to see some cracks in your home’s foundation. However, you need to be aware that there are some cracks that indicate there is an issue. If the cracks are growing or are wider than 1/8 of an inch, you have a problem on your hands. Also, if there are cracks in the mortar of your brick or rock that almost resembles stairs, this is another red flag.
– Sinking & Settling Foundation: A small amount of settling is common after a house has initially been built. This happens when there is natural movement in the ground and usually the homeowner doesn’t have any idea it’s happening. However, if it appears that your house has started to sink, your foundation is in trouble.
– Foundation Upheaval: This type of damage to a foundation is most commonly found in a slab foundation. It is usually caused by excess moisture. You may notice that your foundation has started to lift and heave when this issue is taking place.
– Doors & Windows Stick: It is normal when there are periods of time where your area is experiencing excessive rain or high humidity levels for doors and windows to stick. When the moisture levels start to recede your doors and windows should go back to normal. If you are experiencing doors and windows that are sticking without moisture levels being higher than normal, you could be dealing with foundation issues.
– Uneven Floors: You should never notice a large slant in your flooring. This means that you are experiencing major foundation problems.
– Gaps Around Doors & Windows: Foundation issues can lead to gaps around the doors and windows which cause them to not be able to latch properly. If this is happening, it’s time to call for a foundation inspection.
– Drainage Issues: It is important that you have proper drainage around the foundation of your home. If your home doesn’t have the drainage that it needs, water can pool up around your foundation and leave you with serious foundation damage.
Foundation Repair Services & More in Crosby, Cypress, Friendswood & Greater Houston, Texas
If you have noticed any of these signs in your home, it’s time to turn to the professionals at DuraTech Texas to come take a look. We can fix your foundation trouble so that your home has the stability that it needs. Call us today!