As a homeowner, there are several home maintenance things that you are constantly taking care of. One thing that many homeowners don’t think of very often is their foundation. The foundation that your home is built on is an important part of the safety of your home. There are several signs that can be present when you have a foundation problem. One of them includes cracks on the interior and exterior walls. There are many other signs that can point to the foundation as well. DuraTech Texas LLC is here to talk about cracks and what that means for your foundation.
How Do You Know if Your Foundation is Damaged?
Following are some of the most common warning signs that might be present if you have foundation problems that you’re dealing with.
– Cracked walls & ceilings
– Windows and doors that start to stick
– Cracks appear around your window frames
– Doors are hard to close
– Bowing or bending in your basement walls
When Should I Be Worried About Foundation Cracks?
There are a couple of different materials that are commonly found on the outside of homes. Sometimes cracking can happen for a number of different reasons. Here are some of the different types of cracks that you may have or damage to the exterior of your home and what it means.
– Stucco Cracks: Stucco is a material that is mainly made of sand, cement and water. It is applied using a wire mesh to help with any cracking down the road. IT isn’t uncommon for cracks to form in stucco. This doesn’t always necessarily mean that you have a foundation problem or that your home is about to crumble. If you notice that cracks have formed on the exterior walls of your stucco home, have them evaluated and then repaired so that you don’t run into moisture and pest issues.
– Siding Damage: Vinyl siding is also a common material used on the outside of homes. Even though it is incredibly durable, it isn’t bulletproof. You can run into problems if you aren’t taking care of it. If there are cracks in the exterior walls that need to be taken care of, the siding will more than likely need to be removed for them to get repaired. It is important to remember that not all cracks mean that you have foundation problems that need to be dealt with.
Foundation Repair Services & More in Crosby, Cypress, Friendswood & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are concerned that the cracks on the walls inside and outside of your home are due to foundation issues, you can turn to DuraTech Texas LLC to help inspect them and let you know if you should be worried about them. We have a team of highly qualified professionals that can fix any foundation problems that you may have in your home. It is our goal to make sure your home is structurally sound and a safe place to live. Call us today!